Thursday, March 10, 2011

like a big bad wolf i'm born to be bad and bad to the bone

I think I'm going to pack up the laptop and go to bed early (for me) -- the good news is that I finally finished entering all the edits, so I should be able to go back and fix the couple of scenes that I marked to expand/rewrite tomorrow and hopefully get this thing to my betas in time for the weekend. Of course, I would have liked to have done more, but these pages were brutally difficult to read/enter because I rewrote so much of them on the paper copy, so entering the edits took a long time. I also spent some quality time at the gym around noon, doing the cardio workout Alyssa suggested (I think she wants to kill me -- I was driving with one hand while drinking water this afternoon, and when I tried to turn the car to the right, I had a dreadful moment where I realized that my muscles were in too much pain to steer, but it came out okay in the end). And, I ran a quick errand to California Ave., where I went to a store called Zombie Runner (the name should tell you that in some ways it's not my scene at all, and in other ways it's the only scene I want -- but they seemed high on runners and low on zombies, so I was disappointed) and got a new pair of training shoes. They aren't nearly as sexy as a hot pair of Stuart Weitzman stilettos, but hey, that's the life I'm living right now.

Anyway, I worked all afternoon, but I took a break to go out for dinner with Durand and Jenni. Heather (aka dear respected madam) was supposed to come too, but since she wasn't feeling well and since Jenni's fiance James had to work, it was just the three of us. It was great to see them; I saw Durand a few weeks ago when we had dinner at Mission Beach Cafe, and I ran into Jenni on campus last week, but I hadn't caught up with either of them in awhile. We ate at Vive Sol, which was super tasty, and it was nice to spend a couple of hours out of the house -- my social life has certainly taken a turn for the better this week, even if I probably should have kept it minimalist so that I would have more time to finish the book.

When I got home a little after nine, I forced myself to finish typing the edits, and then I permitted myself to watch tonight's "Top Chef: All-Stars". After the episode (which was heartbreaking, but at least the girl I'm rooting for didn't get sent home), I messed around and read some publishing blogs for an hour, and now I think I should sleep. I'm training with Alyssa tomorrow morning, and then I need to power through some major edits during the afternoon if I have any hope of finishing this thing. I also have dinner plans tomorrow night (I'm such a social butterfly), so I can't waste the afternoon away like I might like to. Goodnight!

No comments: