Thursday, October 04, 2012

a town called mercy

All told, I was rather lazy today; this probably makes sense given that I burned myself out on contest entries yesterday, but I'm not pleased with myself. I spent the morning reconciling sales reports that my agent's assistant sent (for July - tings are slow in publishing, but about 6-12mo faster than if I were getting royalty statements from a traditional publisher). And then I messed around doing who knows what until it was time to meet up with Marina (not the neighborhood, the girl who used to live in Loro when I was a freshman). She's an artist who lives in Cyprus now, but she's in town for Stanford homecoming, and we got together for tea since I'm not attending any of the reunion events. It was lovely to see her and catch up on what she's been doing in Europe, so that was super fun.

Then I came home, intended to write - and instead watched the presidential debate, even though I had vowed until thirty seconds before it came on that I wasn't going to. Then I watched the commentary on both CBS and PBS (thank you, tivo). Then I decided I was in no state to write romance after all that, so I watched four episodes of "Doctor Who". I almost never watch television (or, at least, in comparison to my roommate), and I'd saved up all five episodes of the fall mini-season, and I decided I should watch them before the result of the fifth episode is spoiled for me (since it's kind of miraculous that it hasn't been spoiled already). So I watched four of them, and quite enjoyed them, but realized that it was suicide to start the fifth episode at midnight - it stars the Weeping Angels, which are my least favorite villain ever, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I had to sleep with my light on the first time I saw an episode with them. So, I'm saving it for a different time - like, say, at breakfast, with lots of coffee and sunlight and twelve hours afterward to forget them before it's time to close my eyes.

And now, I need to sleep - tomorrow must be much more productive than today. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Censored said...

So I guess I may as well watch them too, I was trying to hold out till Thanksgiving!

Sara said...

Don't hold out, [censored]! We can discuss them even if we don't watch them together.