Saturday, October 13, 2012

and suddenly i become a part of your past

Day One of limiting my laptop/cellphone/driving was a qualified success - qualified because I wasn't 100% successful, but I was way, way more successful than usual, and my neck really didn't hurt much all day. I spent some time on my ipad this morning (loophole!), then showered, grabbed my notebook, and had brunch down the street, which was a mistake since it's Friday and so my usually-dead cafe was full of post-college frat boys drinking bloody marys in preparation for the weekend. But I overheard an awesome conversation about how some dude's best man is furious at him for marrying the girl he wanted to marry, so that was entertaining. Then I walked down to Fort Mason and kept working, and all in all I wrote close to ten pages by hand. Yay!

When I got home, I cleaned my room and took care of some minor tings before getting in my car (I decided driving would still make me feel better than risking my life with the cabbies) and driving to Mission Beach Cafe to have dinner with Jenni, Nick, and Nick's girlfriend. You may remember Jenni from two nights ago; you may remember Nick from my time in India, where he played a masterful role in my birthday scavenger hunt and attempted to get a room at Passion Men's Hostel on only his second day in India. Ha. I hadn't seen him in at least three years, and in fact just realized that he shares a name with the Nick I'm currently writing a book about - awkward. They're not the same person, I assure you. sssanyway, we had an awesome dinner, and then we went to a bar down the street and watched the pivotal final inning of the Nationals/Cardinals baseball game (where I discovered that the guy who I'd seen earlier wearing what I thought was a Walgreens baseball cap was actually wearing a Washington Nationals cap - that's definitely an upgrade).

And now, sadly, I must sleep; I have my monthly romance meeting tomorrow, which is the hardest morning of the month for me. Goodnight!

No comments: