Friday, October 05, 2012

i still recall a sad cafe

I wrote five v. v. hard-fought pages today and am basically out of words, so you're lucky you're getting any blog at all (if lucky is the right word for the opportunity to read my drivel). But I accomplished what I set out to accomplish today; I made a v. quick trip to Palo Alto to check my mail, drop off my favorite pair of sandals and a purse to get repaired at a cobbler there, and eat at Chipotle, and then came back to the evil city (with stops at BevMo and Whole Foods to stock up for the weekend). Then I took care of stuff around the house and alternated between writing and pulling my hair out until nine p.m. Then I called it quits and reread part of 'Scotsmen Prefer Blondes' to remind myself that I'm capable of telling a coherent and at least mildly enjoyable story. Ha.

And now it's sleepytime - I need to write five pages tomorrow to keep on track, and I have grand plans to watch some Blue Angels since it's Fleet Week. Luckily those grand plans don't involve leaving my house - there are some advantages to the Marina. Goodnight!

No comments: