Sunday, October 07, 2012

law of conservation of words

Nothing worth blogging about tonight - I wrote several pages today at rather great personal cost, and not nearly as many pages as the hours I put into them. Bleh. Then I talked to my parents, walked to the overpriced organic grocery store four blocks away to avoid the shitshow that I was sure to find if I drove to the Marina Safeway, and made taco salad for me and Terry since my mom had me craving it. Then I watched some sports that I cared nothing about because it was better than looking at my notebook again...and then I came upstairs and taught myself how to knit. I must be getting close to the end of this draft, since I had this same bizarre urge to learn how to knit when I was wrapping up HEIRESS a year and a half ago. But this time I have bigger needles (so it looks like it's going faster) and more exciting yarn (a pinkish/reddish/orangeish multicolor), so it's kind of awesome. I'm sure the urge will pass, but as a way to detox my mind and rekindle all the words that I've burned out during a day of hardcore slogging, it's not a bad hobby to pick up.

And now I must go to sleep so that I can repeat this whole mess again tomorrow, hopefully with a bit more speed and a bit less angsting over every single word choice. Goodnight!

No comments: