Friday, May 01, 2015

i feel the chemicals burn in my bloodstream

This should be one of the last nights when I have to stay up making slides...and while I should stay up even later to make sure they're in good order, I'm going to go to bed and hope that tomorrow is kind enough to me that I can fix what's still broken. Today was mostly good, but I definitely have too much that I want to do before I go, and only so much of it is going to get done. I trained with Alyssa first, which was good, and then I slogged all day without any real breaks (other than to get a salad, which I dropped on the stairs on the way to my next meeting, and a quick drive to the coffee place to get a latte to prevent my demise).

But I slacked off around four to meet with Jess (not the Jess I'll reference later - this one lives in Seattle), and then I had drinks with the other woman named Sara who joined the broader books group a few months ago. This turned into me eating enchiladas and gossiping wildly, as I'm wont to do when there are no consequences, but I think she enjoyed it.

And then I drove back to the city of sin, where I hung out with Katrina a bit (outdoors after seven p.m.! it's one of those rare SF days where it stayed warm at night!), and then went to John and Jess's to say happy (slightly early) birthday to John. I couldn't stay very long since I absolutely had to work tonight, but I'm glad I went over and helped him get ready for his old age.

Now, I must sleep; I'm only going to get six hours, which isn't enough, but I'm taking the shuttle in the morning so that I can drink in the afternoon, so don't cry too hard for me. Goodnight!

No comments: