Friday, May 29, 2015

as you walk on by will you call my name

Today was not the most exemplary day ever, but I'm worried that I might finally be succumbing to the cold that Joann developed at the end of our trip, so I'm cutting myself some slack. I spent the morning contemplating Rafe and Octavia while eating breakfast at Caffe Union (because I missed Tony, and because I hadn't bought groceries yet), and then rectifying the grocery situation so that I can feed myself for the next few days. Then I came home and spent the afternoon finishing the unpacking from my trip, messing around on the internet, and taking a break from all that productivity (ha) to get the gel polish removed from my nails.

By this evening I wasn't feeling well, though, so I made some chili for supper and called it a night. Rather than reading the book I had intended to read ('Sickness, Suffering, and the Sword', about British army tactics in 1808-1815 - a real page-turner), I watched 'Pitch Perfect' while folding and organizing clothes. The clothing organizing isn't done, but watching a movie while doing it made it way more fun even if I was way slower than I could have been otherwise.

And now, on that boring note (if you want to fund another trip for me so that I can write more interesting posts, feel free to donate), I'm going to bed and hoping that my throat isn't sore when I wake up in the morning. Goodnight!

No comments: