Sunday, May 31, 2015

i've been looking for a lover, thought i'd find her in a bottle

I'm still sick, which is getting old; while I don't feel like total death, I'm tired of sniffling and sneezing. I'm sure if I were at the Four Seasons, this would not be allowed to happen, but since I've returned home, where I must cook for myself and run errands like a peasant, I guess illness comes with the territory.

Today was another not-so-stellar moment on the productivity scale, but I think I'm set up for success for the week ahead, so I don't mind so much. I mostly wasted the morning, mostly because I wasn't feeling well, but I rallied (and showered), and I wandered around for awhile, bought a couple of markers, and then grabbed a coffee at Another Cafe (part of the free tour Katrina gave me yesterday - thanks Katrina!) and sat there for an hour or so and plotted and schemed about what I plan to accomplish this month.

Writing in a notebook always helps to center me, so I came home in a lovely mood and talked to my parents for quite awhile. They're pretty much consumed with gardening, lawn care, the round barn, and rumors about Fred Hoiberg's defection from Iowa State to the Bulls, but all of those things are far more interesting than talking about my cold or my (slow, painful) writing, so it was good to catch up with them. After I got off the phone, I ate the last of my thai leftovers, did the dishes, messed around on the internet, wrote in my journal some more, etc., etc.

And now, I must sleep; I've set my teamaker to go off at 6:30 tomorrow so that I can get up and write before training with Alyssa, and I'm determined to hold myself to it. Goodnight!

No comments: