Monday, July 17, 2017

only fools fall in love

I should have gone to bed an hour ago, but I chose to mess around in my journal and online instead - oops. Today was v. nice and highly productive, though. I got up fairly quickly, got ready, made some eggs, and was at the coworking space before 9:30, where I found Katie declaring that she needed to slog all day. Of course, that meant we took a break for lunch to check out a new crepe place down the street. It was #worthit, though - we split a salmon crepe and an italian-inspired crepe (tomatoes, mozzarella, bacon) that tasted a little like a pizza, and they were both delish (and gluten free!). And we caved and had a dessert crepe because we watched them make one and we couldn't resist the strawberries, blueberries, and nutella.

But break time had to come to an end, so we walked back (bitching the entire way about how hot it was and how strenuous the walk was, since we're Iowans at heart and Iowans never walk anywhere). I spent the afternoon getting a ton of stuff done, and I was v. happy with that. After work, I ran over to Katie's house (she left before me, but she'd gotten there before me), said hi to the girls, and conned my way into eating some of their supper (this was unintentional!). Then I grabbed my groceries (which I'd left there while transferring between airbnbs since I didn't want to leave food in my broiling car while moving), picked up Sarah at a workout class she'd gone to, and came back to my airbnb, where I did some dishes and worked until I was too tired to work anymore.

And now, on that boring note, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: