Wednesday, July 26, 2017

this is what it sounds like when doves cry

Everything still seems slightly surreal, which I believe may be because I'm still dehydrated/exhausted from my intense vomiting experience the other night - but I've held it together remarkably well (literally! someone remarked on it today!), so hopefully some more sleep tonight will make it all even better.

Today was quite busy, though. I woke up in one hotel and had to shower and repack so that we could all adjourn to the Swan and Dolphin - two hotels connected by a breezeway, which is a lie because there's no fucking breeze and it's a million degrees in Orlando. My room (with Amber) is in the Swan, which is possibly nicer (and has a coffee shop), but is not where all the main stuff is, which means a lot of walking back and forth. So we got checked in (after I taught Grace the future, aka how to use uber), and then I had a meeting with an author friend, followed by lunch with Grace and Amber. Barbara met us as well, and then we went to a two-hour marketing talk (interesting! but I wanted to fall asleep and/or die in the middle).

Then I left to take a v. tiny break to myself, which meant unpacking instead of the nap I really wanted. That led straight into a meeting with Vivi (aka Sarah, aka Lizzie) and Kim about the workshop we're giving Friday. Then I hung out in the bar, and then Grace and Veronica and I had an early dinner. After that, I ran back to my room again, changed as quickly as possible, and then accompanied Grace to an awards ceremony.

Alas, she didn't win, but I had a lot of fun hanging out with her (even if I gave myself an RSI from clapping too much). We also ran into Kristin there, who I used to see quite a bit when I was active in the SF romance chapter, so we adjourned to the bar after to keep talking after the ceremony. Barbara and Monica eventually joined us, and it was all totally delightful.

But of all my days here, today was actually possibly the easiest one, so I should really take advantage of my bed while I have the chance. Goodnight!

No comments: