Sunday, July 16, 2017

when you're in texas look behind you

No news of note to report today - I woke up at ten after sleeping late to recover from the weekend, and then I was sitting in the living room minding my own business and reading through my journal when my neck started to hurt like I'd somehow pinched a nerve just sitting there. It was brutally bad, so I spent most of the rest of the morning lying in bed with a heating pad (which I'd conveniently bought when I hurt my shoulder three weeks ago). I definitely looked like a total princess, since the room I'm staying in has a sleigh-style bed and I was propped up on pillows, but it was the only thing I could do that helped, so leave me alone.

Eventually, I got up and decided that the rest of my body needed to move even if my neck didn't. So, Sarah and I walked ten minutes or so to the main strip of shops/restaurants in this neighborhood (on Tennyson) and went to a super lovely coffee place (Allegro). We sat in the sun while trying to get as much shade as possible and enjoyed our coffees, and I'm glad that I got out of the house for a bit, even if it didn't help my neck...

Then we came back here, and I crawled back into bed with my heating pad and called my parents. They talked for an hour and a half, which is longer than usual (to be fair, I also talked, so it's all our faults). Then, in deference to my neck I skipped making dinner and instead ordered Indian takeout - I haven't had Indian in way too long, and it was way too good, which means now I'm craving Indian all the time again like the addict I am. I also talked to Sarah for quite awhile, but at some point I needed to stop sitting on the couch, so I retreated to my room and spent more time on my laptop than I should have.

And now, I'm going to pop some more ibuprofen and hope this neck thing miraculously resolves itself overnight - goodnight!

No comments: