Sunday, July 23, 2017

cruel intentions

Today was another day that didn't go quite as planned. I woke up this morning and was actually productive for most of the day - I spent the morning journaling on the porch, which was delightful, and then I spent some v. solid time doing laundry and packing and generally getting ready to go. Since my flight isn't until Tuesday, this is unusually early for me, and I was feeling very smug about it....

So I took a long break and talked to my parents, as per usual. But by 5pm I was starving since I hadn't really eaten much beyond what I could scrounge from the fridge, so Sarah and I decided to go to Avanti since she hadn't been there yet. So we walked out to my car, got in....

...and it was dead. Boooo. Of course I immediately assumed that it had something to do with the service I just got done, although I don't know yet. And of course this is terrible timing, since I'm leaving Tuesday morning and need to move my car before that happens. But I didn't want to call AAA tonight - after they jump it, I'm going to have to drive it around for awhile, and I think I want to take it immediately to Katie's and leave it there, which means I need to be all packed up and have my car loaded when I leave here since I can't leave anything at the airbnb.

Needless to say, I was v. much not thrilled with the whole situation. So we took a lyft to Avanti anyway, since I was still starving, and I had an arepa and a lot of wine and some great conversation with Sarah to make everything a little better. When we got back, we walked down the street to DQ and got ice cream, which made everything even better (although we almost got horribly stymied there, since they closed the walk-up window right after we got there, and we wouldn't have been able to drive through because my car doesn't work, lol).

And now I need to sleep so I can deal with this new disaster tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: