Saturday, June 29, 2024

crazy 's my new best friend

I had a successful travel day that turned in getting to see Aunt Becky, so that was all a delight. I woke to feeling in it to win it, and I packed and watered plants and said goodbye to [censored]. Then I drive to Des Moines, got through security in record time, and sat with a glass of rose and a salad until it was time to board. 

The flight was smooth, and Becky and Brian picked me up from the airport, which was v kind. We came home and threw together some snacks, and then we tailgated at the concert venue. Unfortunately it rained off and on from the time we got there until the main band played. It still wasn't as uncomfortable as the country festival I went to earlier this year, but it's too bad the weather wasn't better. 

However, we had a great location for our lawn chairs, and I had some tasty tater tots with cheese from a food truck. Also, the bands were we Crash Adams and Neon Trees - I hadn't heard of the first one, but neon trees is pretty great. 

But now I need to fall asleep because I've been falling asleep for ages since starting this - goodnight!

No comments: