Sunday, June 30, 2024

everybody talks too much

I had a lovely day in Castle Rock. I slept a little fitfully last night, probably from wine + altitude + too much going on in my brain. But I felt good this morning, and I chilled with Aunt B in the kitchen. She had some really excellent gluten free muffins from Trader Joes that I indulged in, which excited me for my new garage fridge + freezer that will make stocking up on such tings more feasible.

Eventually we did a fashion show to see possible dress options for Drewbaby's wedding, and then we went to Park Meadows to wander around the mall. We didn't buy much - I got a couple of cute tshirts, but mostly we just windowshopped. We also had Panda Express, which is not gluten free, but we both chose things that look as close to gluten free as possible there (although secretly all I wanted was orange chicken like everyone else in America).

When we got home, I took an unexpectedly long nap and then did a bit of scribbling. We then had a v. leisurely dinner - Aunt B made Brazilian cheese bread (pão de queijo, which is naturally gluten free and v. tasty) and the scandalous pirate uncle grilled steak. It's been a really nice visit and I'm glad we got some quality time together, since usually our visits in either Iowa or Colorado are pretty abbreviated.

And now, I should probably go to bed so I can get some work done tomorrow before heading to Denver - goodnight!

No comments: