Wednesday, March 01, 2006

the most she will do is throw shadows at you

There are times when life is grand, albeit boring; and there are times when life throws curveballs, and all you can do is go along with it and hope for the best. The past couple of weeks have fallen firmly into the latter category. Since last Tuesday, I have found out about one v. serious diabetic/heart disease issue, one case of cancer, and one v. rare and serious allergic reaction to an antibiotic, and I have attended one funeral. I would suggest taking care of yourself if you are part of my friends-and-family group, especially for the next couple of weeks, since I've seen a huge spike in issues over the past two weeks and wouldn't want anyone else subjected to them.

I'm really tired tonight; I had meetings from 7-11am today, and conference calls from 7:30-9 tonight, as well as some work to do. But, to relax, I watched 'Sahara'. It's still an awesome movie, even if I was watching a copy that someone gave me from Sri Lanka--I am v. tempted to buy an American copy, since I want the DVD to be hugely successful so that they will make another movie. Alas, my buying power probably isn't that strong, but we shall see.

The desire to find the next step is taking on a strange and desperate flavor of urgency, since mortality always looms...but I'm no closer than I was last night. Ideas, anyone? I'll make a deal...you think about what I should do with my future, and I'll get some sleep so that I can implement your ideas as quickly as possible. Goodnight!

No comments: