Friday, June 02, 2006

i am still dreaming of your face

I have nothing of significance to report today, other than a wistful desire that I had taken my camera with me when I accompanied someone on her lunchtime smoke break outdoors this afternoon so that I could prove that Dublin is capable of producing a completely cloudless sky without summoning the Apocalypse. Shocking, I know. But, it's true, and I hope that the non-apocalypse-summoning clear skies remain throughout the weekend, since I have many errands to run. This is my first weekend in Dublin in more than a month, so it feels like a lifetime since I've explored the mercantile pleasures of Grafton Street. I think I'm going to see a movie tomorrow, since the last movie that I saw was 'American Dreamz', which I would like to forget. But in general, I'm going to attempt to have a thoroughly lazy weekend, since the coming week will be rather hectic.

Also, I purchased my tickets for South Africa, which is so freaking exciting that I can barely stand the idea of how much work I have to do before I can go on vacation. Not that I really have that long to wait...a month from now, and I will have already been in South Africa for three days. This is especially trivial considering that I'll be spending most of next week in Berlin. However, I have to make some truly significant progress with everything I'm working on in the office here, so that should be interesting. I know half of you love me best when I'm raving and delirious, so you can look forward to your favorite types of blog posts in the coming weeks. But, I shall leave for South Africa on Wednesday, June 29, and I shall spend a full week there enjoying a much-needed vacation before flying back to Dublin, spending the night, and returning to the US. By the time I fly all the way to South Africa and back, and then to Des Moines, and then drive my car to San Francisco, I will be rather well-travelled for one summer. Hopefully Cape Town gives me enough relaxation that I can store up the memory of a stress-free existence to get me through the lean times that I will experience as I slog through piles of work during the summer doldrums of late August.

I shall take my leave of you with some fantastic news: Matthew McConaughey is single!!! I know I only have a couple of days of solitude left before he shows up at my doorstep and acknowledges that he has been seriously remiss in not taking up our courtship sooner. I'll let you know how that goes; right now, I'm going to go to bed!

No comments: