Monday, June 19, 2006

i think i liked you better when you just hit people with your stick

Okay, I should go to bed, but I'm all hyped up on endorphins from working so much. I don't know how that's possible, but somehow it is. I almost lost it today while trying to figure out which colors to use on a stupid graph for a powerpoint presentation, but I recovered admirably and slugged it out until around eight p.m. Then, I called my niece to wish her a happy birthday, talked to my other niece, nephew, and sister, and then came home to catch the last half of the Spain/Tunisia game.

Tomorrow, I have to go to some third-party vendor to run through the presentation that I'm giving on Wednesday. I'm not particularly excited about this; yes, it's a good opportunity to polish the presentation, but I don't like practicing presentations. I'd rather go in unprepared and rely on the adrenaline to carry me through (which it typically does). But, once we've given the presentation on Wednesday, we're in the home stretch. Yes, we have to give different versions of it six more times in the four days between Wednesday and when I leave here, but they'll all be easier. Hopefully everything will go okay, so that I can go to South Africa without any regrets.

In other news, I'm having difficulty writing; I keep wanting to use the UK/Irish spellings of things, such as 'practising', 'strategising', 'optimising', 'realising', etc., etc. And so, I'm going to bed before I turn British. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Not Applicable said...

wasn't spain amazing scoring in the 71st, 76th, 91st mins after just dribbling around midfield for most of the game? raul is so awesome.