Sunday, August 26, 2007

but he talks like a gentleman, like you imagined when you were young

I just did some checking - they've opened a Sephora in the newest mall on the west side of Des Moines. Now that I know that I can get cosmetics, in Iowa, there's nothing keeping me here anymore!

The weekend is good enough so far - I had an incredibly lazy first half of the day, since I woke up at ten, surfed the net for a couple of hours, and then took a nap from 1-2pm. However, I did some work on my romance novel this afternoon - I didn't write anything new, but I went back through the five different notebooks that I've jotted ideas into over the past couple of years and consolidated everything into a notetaking system on my laptop. I feel pretty good about that - I was onto some great things in some of those entries, but because they weren't always in the same notebook, I was having trouble keeping track of them. I then had dinner and a movie with Subz (aka Lauren) - we discussed our respective lives, and then saw 'Ratatouille'. It was really cute, and there was one surprisingly touching scene towards the end that made me want to cry, so I enjoyed myself. It was also good to catch up with Lauren - I definitely don't see her as much as I would like to, which is probably mostly my fault since I have been in people-avoidance mode for the past couple of months at least.

Now though, I should avoid you as well and seek out the comfort of my bed. Goodnight!

No comments: