Sunday, August 26, 2007

i walked around my good intentions and found that there were none

I was moderately productive today - I woke up this morning and successfully cleaned up my kitchen, and then talked to my parents while driving to Millbrae to have brunch with Vidius Chandicus at Peter's Cafe. It felt like a small betrayal, since that's where I go with Claude, but then again that's where I used to go with Tammy, and the wheel of fortune keeps turning despite my sadness that both of them have moved away. How melodramatic is that?

Anyway, I had a lovely (or as Vidya would say, 'lowely') time with Vidya, and also quite enjoyed Peter's homemade sausage patty. Then, we had an 'adventure' in the form of walking around the block - walking around the block took us briefly through Burlingame, which means that I successfully hung out in two nondescript, strangely-stuck-in-the-1950s towns on the peninsula. We parted ways amidst much hugging and crying (or rather, no hugging and crying), and I came back to Palo Alto, where I did three loads of laundry and worked on my romance novel. Then, I had dinner with John at Hunan Homes, site of many previous revelries - including my graduation dinner, for those of you who were there. We had the mu shu pork, which I had been craving for months, but we departed from tradition and had honey walnut prawns instead of a 'scissoring' (aka sizzling) platter. It was nice to catch up, although there perhaps wasn't as much to catch up on as usual since I've seen him more in the past six weeks than I had in the past twelve months, it feels like.

Now I shall go to sleep - I have to go to work early tomorrow, since I was boycotting my rapidly-spiraling-out-of-control to-do list. This week will be chaotic, as usual, but I leave for Iowa on Friday!

No comments: