Sunday, January 31, 2010

in your face

Today was a v. bizarre day. Actually, it was a v. normal day until approximately ten p.m., when it took a drastic left turn into disaster-land. I spent the morning and early afternoon taking care of business online, and then spent the afternoon shopping, running errands, and attempting to write at Samovar. I spent the evening continuing to prepare for my trip while watching TV, and was on the verge of drinking a cup of tea and going to bed...

...when Adit returned with Jav and Lily in tow, all of whom had been drinking since the 1pm 'brunch' that I thought Adit was going to, which turned out to be a freaking vodka-tasting session in Alameda. The idea of vodka-tasting in the afternoon is slightly appalling; I tracked their progress the rest of the day as Javier checked into various wineries and bars around the bay area throughout the afternoon and evening, so I knew they were having a good time. They showed up here and Adit promptly opened a wine that was far too good to pair with a takeout burrito from the mexicatessan around the corner, which was quite beneficial for me since I was still (temporarily) sober enough to enjoy the delicious malbec.

Lily managed to escape and go home despite the strong social ostracism that Adit subjected her to, and then Adit, Jav and I went to this bar on Haight with the ridiculous name of 'The Mad Dog in the Fog', where we met up with Folkman and Ed (aka Caca). We proceeded to drink some more, and I ended up having a v. long, engaging, and generally good conversation with TJ, who lived on my floor in Loro when I was an RA. I also spend some quality time catching up with his ex-girlfriend Grace, who works at my company with me, so that was all v. nice. We left sometime after last call and picked up pizza at Mythic Pizza, then walked home. Caca ate his pizza here and bounced, and now Adit is making up a nest for Javier in the middle of our living room.

I should probably go to bed at some point; I have to do laundry and pack tomorrow before picking my dad up at the airport tomorrow night. Then I leave for Singapore and India on Monday -- yay!!! And now, goodnight -- wish me luck with the wine headache tomorrow!

No comments: