Thursday, October 21, 2010

living that good life

I unfortunately did not get nearly as much done today as I intended, but it wasn't entirely wasted. I managed to get out of bed at ten, which is an hour earlier than any other day this week, so things are looking up in that department. I also did two loads of laundry, since the situation was getting dire, made myself a cup of chai, and finished reading my manuscript. At some point I made lunch (shocker), which I suppose wasn't so difficult, since it was a grilled cheese sandwich (with Kraft American singles, of course). And before I left the house, I made a comprehensive list of the groceries that I need to procure, thinking that I would go to the grocery store after dinner, but as it turned out, there was no time for that.

I finally left the house around four p.m. and whiled away an hour and a half at Starbucks, where I spent most of the time writing an email to my agent and taking care of some other tings online. Then, I met Heather (aka dear respected madam) and the other Heather (who I managed, along with Pete, a year or so ago) at Fiesta del Mar for a new incarnation of margaritas and pie. Pete was supposed to come, but he claimed that he wasn't feeling well, so it ended up just being the three of us. That was enough for some ridiculous conversations, and we ended up staying until 8:40pm -- three hours, if you're keeping track back home. By the time we were done, I was full of chips, my contacts were gluing themselves to my eyes, and I did not have the energy necessary to go to the store. So, I came home, watched "Top Chef: Just Desserts" (which I really don't like so much -- I may have to abandon it), and am going to go to bed early tonight (shocking!) so that I can get stuff done tomorrow.

Apologies for the boring post; you can't win 'em every night. Goodnight!

No comments: