Tuesday, June 07, 2011

i take the blue ones every time

Today was reasonably productive and reasonably lovely; I should probably be packing, but with a little over a week to go and no day job to distract me, I feel like everything's under control even though I've really only messed around with books and clothes. I'll have to start hitting it harder tomorrow (or, more likely, Wednesday), but today I was a bit lazier. I didn't go to bed as early as I should have last night, and so I woke up around 10:30, made myself some oatmeal and bacon (mmm), took care of some romance community stuff, and eventually showered and dressed. I should have gone to the gym, but I wasn't feeling it; Alyssa will be displeased when I see her tomorrow. Instead, I did some list-making and general organizing/planning, as well as some procrastination. When I realized that no amount of will was going to get me into the garage to finish cleaning it today, I relocated to Starbucks...

...where I wrote ~1850 words, or approximately 7.5 pages. I'm quite happy with the scene I was writing today, even though I know that I'll have to cut it down; it's the first scene where Ellie hangs out with the other women in her circle (Amelia and Prudence, since Madeleine is off on her honeymoon or something with Ferguson), and so it was a bit of a breather from the intense emotion of the scene that I wrote the other night. So, being productive on the book made me feel like the whole day was wonderful, even if I should have gotten some other daily life stuff done in addition to the writing.

But, I stopped writing slightly before I was ready so that I could run by my old office to drop off some books for Joann. She took about a dozen of the books I culled yesterday, which was lovely, and we spent a few minutes catching up in the lobby before she went back to work (I do not envy that she was working until 7pm) and I went to meet up with Heather (aka dear respected madam). Heather and I had a lovely dinner at Shana Thai and caught up on all sorts of things, mostly of the book variety but also of the life variety. She'd also signed up for about a dozen books, but I took the entire box of unclaimed romances and let her pick through them to see if anything else struck her fancy. Between Heather, Joann, and the other people I sent the list out to, I'm probably giving 30-40% of the books to friends and donating the rest -- not bad, right?

After Heather and I parted ways, I came home and researched movers, move permits, and all sorts of other fun stuff. I also read up on some dude who trained himself to get up at five a.m. every day -- not exactly one of my goals, but I would like to get better about getting up when I've set the alarm to go off rather than hitting snooze for an hour. And now, I should go to sleep; Alyssa awaits in the morning, and I need to tackle the garage tomorrow afternoon before the final Blood of Lincoln dinner in the log cabin tomorrow night (sniff). Goodnight!

No comments: