Friday, June 17, 2011

take take take it all, take all that i have

I'm totally exhausted, but the new apartment will be worth it as soon as we're settled. For one thing, I haven't seen a single spider since I moved in. This is quite a welcome change from the cabin, where there were spiders in every corner, and where Terry confessed that she used to pray not to get bitten whenever she slept over. It added to the mystique of the place, although not all things that create mystique are actually welcome in one's living space.

I slept like the dead last night; the new apartment is actually quieter than the log cabin too, since the windows are better and there doesn't seem to be anything nesting in the roof or attempting to chew through the wall. I managed to get up sometime after eight a.m. and pull on some workout clothes, pour myself a mug of tea (automagically brewed just for me by my lovely teamaker, of course), and head down to the glorious south bay for my training session with Alyssa. Terry came with me and worked out while I trained, and then we went to zee cabin so that Terry could pick up her car and I could load my car with some of the remnants of the cabin. I got most of it; if the movers had been able to fit the patio chairs in the moving truck, this all would have been easy peasy. But, I'm probably going to have to make three trips to get the remaining chairs + the food in my pantry, which is slightly annoying. And, I still have to clean and deal with all the junk languishing in the garage, so I've got quite a bit left to do over the next few days.

The new apartment is starting to come together, though. I got back up here around two p.m., which was early enough to meet our other landlord (I met the wife last week, but the husband came over today), since we had a minor issue with the washing machine last night and asked him to check it. He was lovely, as was his father (visiting from Australia), and he was clearly more handy with tools than either of us are -- he fixed the washer, and he also tweaked the plate on my door latch so that my door closes properly (after expressing frustration with what were apparently the worst contractors ever, given the number of problems they had with their renovation). Just after he left, Comcast showed up, and now we have internet and television, which is magical.

I tried unpacking the kitchen, but ran out of steam and took a nap instead. We ordered Chinese and sat around watching a couple of episodes of Bones, and then I spent a couple of hours trying to unearth my bed from under the pile of stuff I put on it today, which led to me missing Chandlord's half-birthday party at Martuni's (which is par for the course, since I miss all her real birthday parties too, but I was too exhausted to rally). Then, I spent an hour looking over a friend's application for something, and now I need to go to bed before it gets any later. I'm training with Alyssa again tomorrow, which gives me a chance to grab another load of stuff before coming back to the evil city. Yay. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Mahin said...

You might have done this already but could you post a link for your automagic teamaker? I may have to invest in one as yours seems insanely awesome

Sara said...

Hey Mahin - it's the Breville One-touch Teamaker. http://www.amazon.com/The-Breville-One-Touch-Tea-Maker/dp/B003LNOPSG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

It's pretty expensive, but so far I've used it 2-3x per day every single day since I've gotten it, and I haven't even been home much :) And the ability to have perfect tea waiting for me when I wake up and am trying to get out the door is incredible. Needless to say, I think it's worth it :)

Mahin said...

thx! btw this review is interesting but it looks like it doesn't hold ground: http://www.amazon.com/review/R24BQDSD8KGWJE/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R24BQDSD8KGWJE

Have a great wk at RWA!