Wednesday, June 29, 2011

sweet surrender, what a night

I'm blogging from zee phone again, so this will be short. I'm kind if exhausted by all the self publishing talk going on at the conference, and it's probably a good thing that I'm not in my laptop because I would go off on a rant that none of you are interested in. But I had a moment this afternoon where I had to lie down for ten minutes, and I told my roommate I didn't want to have another self publishing conversation for at least a day. Of course, I ended up having another one an hour later, but my break revived me slightly.

Anyway, I had a good day - if I sound cranky, it's only because I haven't had any appreciable down/alone time in several weeks and it's starting to crack me. I went to some of the morning conference events, then went to the keynote lunch (speaker was Madeline Hunter, who was great), and randomly ended up at the same table as Joanna Bourne, whose son Doug lived in my freshman dorm. She's kind of a big deal in the romance world, and we renewed our acquaintance and had a lovely twenty minute conversation after lunch. Yay.

I went to a regency research workshop in the afternoon, then hung out with Grace and Tina and talked way too much about self pubbing. Then, I got ready and went to a Broadway show with nine of the Rubies - we saw "Jersey Boys", which is about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, and it was awesome. And now I have to sleep before I die - goodnight!

No comments: