Tuesday, June 14, 2011

boogie woogie bugle boy

I'm sort of ready for the move in the morning -- everything of note is packed, but you know how you get to that point where you think you have an hour's worth of work left and it's probably actually five? That's where I am. Luckily, I'm basically ready for the movers to show up, but I'm going to have a lot to do to get the house itself cleaned up and emptied out of all the stuff that I've purged during the move.

Still, given the amount of stuff I have, I got done in a relatively painless matter. I woke up this morning, ate some oatmeal and enjoyed some tea from my teamaker, took care of some romance business, and then started packing. I took a break to grab some lunch, came back, and was finishing up with the packing in my bedroom when Terry's dad showed up with her moving truck. Terry was shortly behind them, so I chatted with both of them before she took him to the airport to send him back to SoCal. When she came back to my place, she graciously helped me pack some boxes of dishes before she took a nap and I kept going with the kitchen. Eventually, Terry ran out to pick up salads from Sprout (which I will miss when I move to the evil city), and we ate and refreshed ourselves with a couple of glasses of wine while watching some Daily Show. I finished the kitchen after that, and now Terry and I are watching 'The Voice'. The movers are coming around eight a.m. tomorrow, and once they get us loaded, we're going up to the city to unload and start the whole process again in reverse. Yay.

So, I suppose I should go to bed, but I'll leave you with news of Sean Bean (aka Boromir in Lord of the Rings) getting stabbed outside of a bar and letting the bar staff give him first aid so that he could finished his drink. And now I'm going to enjoy my last night of slumber in the log cabin. Goodnight!

No comments: