Monday, September 24, 2012

city never sleeps, better slip you an ambien

Augghhh no words left. Today was awesome, but I'm going to bed ninety minutes later than I had planned or desired, as usually seems to happen when I leave my hermity ways and venture out to see other people. My conference was good, albeit a bit low on calories (lunch was a sandwich, pasta salad, a cookie, and potato chips, so I ate some v. bad roast beef that I peeled off the bread and had the potato chips later) and also a bit low on energy by the end (see: lack of calories). I learned some stuff, though, and my head is spinning with all the tings I want to do/explore/think about, so that's good since that's what I came here for.

Post conference, I came back to my hotel, hung out for a little bit, and then met up with Ritu and took the subway to Brooklyn, where we met up with Priyanka and Chris (of German wedding fame) and also Bill (also of German wedding fame, although four of the five of us (everyone but Chris) are from Iowa). But the meeting up process was longer than dinner, since Chris and Bill were both running extremely late -- so we started with drinks, then had one appetizer, then had another appetizer, and so dinner ran from 7:30 to 11. By the time I got back to my hotel it was midnight, and I spent the last half hour taking care of tings. Still, though, I suppose they were worth the lost sleep; we played MASH (the silly/wonderful game we used to play to find out what our futures were, since there's now an iphone app for it) and were generally v. silly. And now, I must sleep; I have to check out of the hotel in the morning, make it to my conference by nine a.m., and hope that everything isn't hosed up by the UN General Assembly tomorrow - there are advantages to hermitville, since there is never any traffic in my apartment. Goodnight!

No comments: