Thursday, September 13, 2012

tonight i'm gonna marry you

I'm all out of words, folks, so this really needs to be brief - and also I can barely see, since my eyes are tired of looking at a screen. Poor, poor me. Today got off to a really slow start, since I was hungover from last night, and so I had huevos rancheros in an attempt to recover. Then, I tried to write at home, but it wasn't happening at all (although I'm proud of myself for reading CLOUD ATLAS for forty-five minute or so rather than just mindlessly surfing the internet). Finally, even though I hadn't intended to go south, I packed up my bag on a whim and went to the south bay, where I worked for three hours at Stanford library. I'm glad I went, even though it seemed silly; I wrote about six pages of a scene that had been completely stymying me, so that was worth it. Then I came home and spent another four hours on my laptop writing up the synopses and blurbs and descriptions, etc., for all four books in my series so that my agent has that stuff -- synopses are pretty much my least favorite thing ever, but I'm glad I stopped being scared/procrastinatory and finished them.

And now I must sleep; I doubt I'll get up particularly early since it's suddenly ten a.m., but I have grand plans for the manuscript tomorrow and I want to give myself at least some shot at accomplishing them. Goodnight!

No comments: