Monday, September 03, 2012

i just can't get enough

Nothing to report, as usual, but my small town life is quickly winding towards its inevitable conclusion. I spent the day being utterly lazy, without even attempting to work; even though I went to bed early last night (if one a.m. can be considered early), I couldn't sleep (v. rare for me - happens less than once a month), and so I laid awake until 2:30 contemplating life. So when I finally dragged myself out of bed and up the stairs, it was closer to noon than I had planned for it to be. But I made myself some scrumptious scrambled eggs, and my dad made me some even more scrumptious sausage on the grill (he and my mother, in their newfound excitement for breakfast, have started firing up the grill in the morning as well as in the evening and eating grilled sausage, which is awesome). And he and I went to a neighbor's to pick their tomatoes while they were gone, but unfortunately nearly all the tomatoes had been ravished by a variety of insects - how sad.

I spent the rest of the afternoon talking to various members of the family, including [censored], who came home from town to report that [censored]. For supper we had steak, baby potatoes, and green beans (yum), and then I watched "The Good Wife" with the 'rents. And then, rather than just watching "The Mentalist", I started reading a book - Meredith Duran's DUKE OF SHADOWS, which is partially set in British India during the 1857 uprising, and partially in London a few years later. And I do hope that no one thinks I copied this book when writing Nick and Ellie's story, since the heroine is a painter and the hero was involved in India - but I doubt they would, since both the hero and the heroine in DUKE OF SHADOWS were in India, and they went through some pretty horrific stuff, while Nick and Ellie are angry at each other for reasons that have nothing to do with graphic scenes of carnage. But the book was lovely, and I finished it tonight (with a break to talk to [censored]). And now I really must sleep so that I can accomplish something tomorrow (where my only accomplishment may be getting out of bed before noon). Goodnight!

No comments: