Friday, June 21, 2013

all the federales say they could have had him any day

Hello, Texas! I have arrived in some small town in the middle of nowhere, where the hotel clerk thought that I was an axe murderer here to take out [censored] (sadly, I flew only with carry-ons, so I have no sharp implements with which to do [censored] in). There were more deer than I've seen in years along the two-hour drive from the Austin airport to my hotel, which was just slightly nervewracking, but I think my hands were shaking from the large McDonald's coffee with four creams and eight sugars (hello, diabetes!) rather than fear.

sssanyway, today was v. long - I went to work, slogged until two, and then sped to the airport, where I went to the wrong terminal because apparently United has started sending some flights out of Terminal 1. Luckily I was there early, so I took some stupid shuttle bus to the other terminal, grabbed a coffee, and got on a ridiculously small plane for 3.5hrs. I arrived in Austin at ten, got a rental car, discovered that the gas tank door wouldn't open, and so took the car back and got a different car instead. By that time it was eleven, so I was not looking forward to the drive - but I made it, and now [censored] is regaling me with tales of [censored]. And he's very upset about [censored], so now I feel bad because I don't watch videos. In that, [censored] and Terry have much in common to be frustrated with me about. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: