Tuesday, June 04, 2013

were you born to resist or be abused

Sorry that last night's post was incoherent - I was out of energy by nine and attempting to blog on my phone, which was clearly not the wisest course of action. Tonight isn't really much better, but I'm at least typing on a proper keyboard, so muscle memory may take over where my brain fails me.

Sadly, I'm sicker than I was yesterday, which is super annoying. This round feels exactly like the bronchitis I had in February. So I didn't bother to go to the doctor; I still have most of the inhaler that they gave me last time + 40% of the codeine cough syrup, so I'm going to medicate myself and hope for the best. But today was not good. I slept for almost twelve hours last night, which helped, but I probably should have napped more this afternoon rather than trying in vain to be productive. Needless to say, I wasn't productive at all, but I so wanted to be because I'm feeling v. behind on the day job due to my trip last week.

But instead of being productive, I laid around, laid around some more, attempted to answer some emails, and then laid around again. Sometime this afternoon, though, I had to get up because my friend Vivi (aka Sarah) showed up. She's visiting for the next few days, and the original plan was that I would leave a key for her so she could let herself in while I was at work - but since she showed up, I was here to greet her. We ended up going out for a late lunch since I had no food in the house (does a milkshake count as lunch? cause that's all I wanted). Then we came back here, I laid on the couch some more and took a couple of calls for work (with mixed results), and then I laid on the couch again. Are you sensing a theme?

Eventually Terry came home, and we ordered Thai food and watched 'The Voice'. And now I'm desperate to go to bed; I'm really really going to try to go into work tomorrow, so that means I need to get myself out of bed and into my car / onto a shuttle before traffic is bad enough to make me want to kill someone. Goodnight!

No comments: