Wednesday, June 19, 2013

mystic crossing

I leave tomorrow for Texas. Yes, I'm as shocked as you are. Which is not very shocked, hopefully, since I've mentioned this before. But still...I'm looking forward to a fun weekend with the family (the very extended family - this seems to be a gathering of descendants of my great-great-grandfather, almost none of whom I've met). But most of the more nuclear family will be there too (my parents, [censored], Uncle Mark, and Aunt Becky), and if nothing else I will hopefully get some great stories out of this. And, if I'm lucky (or rather, diligent), I'll get several pages of Alex and Prudence done on the plane.

The rest of my day was fine. I would even dare to say it was great until I spent two hours on the shuttle trying to get home. Boo. But the morning commute was good, all my meetings were good, I had some time to write some emails (not that any of you who have been waiting five months for me to get back to you about something would know), and I ate some pizza and went bowling with my team. Then I came home, had dinner with Terry, and packed for Texas. And now, alas, I must sleep - I have to work tomorrow morning/early afternoon, then hustle to the airport and hope that everything is on time. Goodnight!

No comments: