Wednesday, January 01, 2014

i want to be with you be with you night and day

Happy new year again! I feel like I should do one of those ruminating posts about last year and the year to come and how I feel and what I think, etc., but I don't have the words left with which to do that. Nor should you expect anything of meaning here; I passed the 3000-post mark a month or two ago, so if you've been along for that whole ride, you know that this is an ungodly mishmash of #firstworldproblems and hermitville and blameitonthealcohol, with the occasional flash of humor tossed in among all the discussions of how many words I need to write, actually wrote, or failed to write every day. You're welcome.

sssanyway, 2013 was just about as good as I could have expected it to be, or at least good enough to leave me excited and wanting more for 2014. So I spent today as I mean to go on - I got some sleep, made myself some coffee, cleaned up my desk and set up the notebook I'm using for the rough draft of Thorington's book, and then made brunch for me and Terry (eggnog french toast and bacon are the best things ever). I did some more work in the afternoon, took a bath/nap, dolled myself up, and then met Kathia and brainstormed in my notebook for a couple of hours. After, we had drinks and dinner at Des Amis, where she showed me her method of plotting that involves index cards (which I think will be good for me if I can force myself to answer all the questions now rather than doing my usual method of writing a hundred pages, realizing it's all wrong, and starting over). It was lovely to spend some quality writing time with her, and I think I can get the book plotted in the next few days, which is critical if I want to get it out at the end of March as planned (yes, I know, that's totally crazysauce).

And now I'm going to continue leaving you in suspense about the party I threw on Monday - at this rate, it may be lost to the mists of time, even though it doesn't deserve to be (eggnog! lightup rum punch fountain! fake baby! Adit sketching in the corner for some unknown reason!). But I must sleep if I'm going to get up and write before work, so goodnight!

No comments: