Friday, January 10, 2014

she's a little runaway

I am, quite unexpectedly, in an undisclosed location (aka Carmel) for a weekend of writing/solitude. This is entirely due to Terry's good graces, since she astutely perceived my incipient meltdown and made a reservation for me to go to my favorite Carmel bed and breakfast so that I could unwind before all hell broke loose. Clever girl (mostly kind, but clever as well).

So I went to work today and slogged rather brutally for sevenish hours before realizing I needed to leave immediately or I would never escape Friday traffic. But I got to Carmel around five and checked in (to the same place I stayed when I was here last year, which I loved). And Randall was kind enough to upgrade my room (this is one of the deadest weeks of the year in Carmel) and tell me where to eat and what to avoid while plying me with complimentary wine, so obviously I got things off to a good start. Then I sat around, played with my tablet, and napped before venturing out for dinner. The food was awesome (pork osso bucco with mashed potatoes, then creme brulee), and the wine pours were generous, so it was perfect for sitting and noodling in my journal for a couple of hours.

But now I'm going to go to bed - I have grand plans to sleep nine hours and then do whatever my heart desires tomorrow, so wish me luck with that. Goodnight!

No comments: