Thursday, January 02, 2014

i've never seen a diamond in the flesh

I was much more useless than I should have been today, but I suppose I'll take it as par for the course when trying to get back into the dayjob groove for the first time in a couple of weeks. I did managed to get up at 6:30 and meet Kathia for a writing date from seven to nine, which was the perfect way to start off my day; I spent the writing session plotting out Thorington's story on notecards rather than actually writing, but I have high hopes for writing real stuff this weekend, if not tomorrow. But the place where we were was way too cold, and I had work for the dayjob to do anyway, so I came home. And then I tried to work, with varying degrees of success, for the next nine hours, with a break to take a shower and another couple of breaks to make lunch and have snacks. I didn't get as much done as I wanted to, but tomorrow is another day, and I'm feeling in it to win it.

But around six I was ready to be totally done with my laptop, so I walked over to Nectar with my notecards in hand and worked with a glass of wine, a glass of champagne, and Kathia's effervescent company for a couple of hours. We later adjourned (with Terry in tow) to Izzy's, where we had prime rib and I cackled gleefully over Alabama's loss to Oklahoma. And then we came home, I did just a tiny bit of work here, and now I'm contemplating the warm comfort of my bed. Hopefully tomorrow is the day when I break ground on Thorington in earnest, but we shall see. Goodnight!

No comments: