Monday, January 06, 2014

and the walls came tumbling down in the city that we loved

I should have gone to bed forty-five minutes ago, but I got engrossed in an absolutely thrilling account of some naval battles at the start of the War of 1812. Oops. Today was a really rough reentry to the world of work; I set my alarm for 6:20 and actually got out of bed and turned the shower on, but after I brushed my teeth, I said "fuck it" and went back to bed for another hour. Then I tried again and managed to shower/dry my hair/put on a dress in time to take an 8:30 meeting from my house. Yes, I'm a model employee.

After that, I caught a shuttle to work, and then I made a valiant attempt to slog all day. But by four p.m. I was done, and I felt that I had done all that I absolutely needed to do (perhaps false). So I caught a shuttle home, which miraculously made it here in an hour and fifteen minutes. If my commute was always as great as it was today, this wouldn't be hard at all. So when I got home, I did a couple of tings around the house, and then made myself a cheeseburger and some waffle fries (a poor man's Des Amis). The waffle fries ended up way too crispy since I should have cooked them for less time than instructed, but it was all quite satisfying. Then, Terry and I hauled the Christmas tree down to its concrete grave (aka the curb). Then I considered writing, but instead took care of some other business-type tings. And then I read some thrilling naval history until I realized that it's past my bedtime. But tomorrow is another day for both writing and for dayjob productivity, so wish me luck - goodnight!

No comments: