Sunday, July 17, 2016

always stay gracious, best revenge is your paper

I'm too tired to do anything at all tonight, including blogging....but I made it home from conference with no drama and I'm happy to be back for a few days (eleven nights in my own bed, to be exact - I counted). I woke up this morning after about six hours of sleep, and I laid in bed for a little bit before showering and throwing all my stuff in my suitcase. I said my fond farewells to Sarah, and then I left the hotel absurdly early, shared a cab to the airport with Barbara, and spent my downtime at the airport eating fish tacos, drinking a glass of subpar sauvignon blanc that I probably shouldn't have ordered, and then drinking coffee to counteract the wine.

Eventually I boarded the flight, and I slept halfway to SF and played in my planner for the rest of it. When we landed, I retrieved my bag (which I had to check to accommodate the free stuff I picked up at the conference), then took a cab home. I tried to call my parents when I got here, but they weren't ready to talk, so I ate some fritos and took a nap because that's a healthy decision. Then I talked to them for quite awhile while drinking tea, which was restorative.

After that, I ate some eggs since I had no other groceries and didn't feel like ordering anything. Then, I read for a couple of hours in an effort to keep myself from going to bed at eight p.m. - I read most of the middle portion of 'The Alloy of Law', which is the first book in the spinoff series to Mistborn. So far, I think I liked Mistborn a lot better, but it's interesting to see how the spinoff has turned the event of the earlier series into the myths of this civilization.

But now it's respectable for me to go to bed, which I need to do since I want to get a lot done tomorrow while also socializing more than I typically want to on the day after a conference. But the conference was awesome, and I have #noregrets. Goodnight!

No comments: