Friday, July 22, 2016

and all your weight, it falls on me, it brings me down

After many awesome days in a row, followed by some downtime, followed by last night's convention ridiculousness, it's perhaps not surprising that I was mostly surly and unproductive today. I'm also a little worried that I'm getting sick - I definitely don't feel right, which made everything a bit hazy (to the point that I tripped and fell rather badly on a curb during the only ten minutes when I left the house today, bruising my left knee and scraping my right palm and startling the hell out of some guy who was walking his dog).

So I mostly let myself be slothful today. I got up late and drank some orange juice and made some tea, and I spent the rest of the morning messing around in my planner (although it turns out that planning != doing, which means this doesn't totally count as productivity). I also showered, which was exciting. And in the afternoon, I left the house to drop off dry cleaning, fall on the sidewalk, and get a cold brew iced coffee before returning to the safety of my apartment.

I spent the rest of the night doing anything but actually writing/working - I did a couple of loads of laundry, cooked some chicken and fried some bacon for cobb salads for the weekend, and made a batch of spaghetti alla amatriciana since I still wanted tomato-y goodness but couldn't eat the other half of the gluten-filled pizza I accidentally ordered last night. The food all turned out delightfully, but I think cooking wiped out my energy reserves, and so I've done nothing that I intended to do tonight.

But that's okay - I'm going to go to bed shortly and hope that a bunch of sleep and all the vitamins I took today will revive me. Goodnight!

No comments: