Monday, July 11, 2016

tin soldiers and nixon coming

I had a fairly quiet, lazy day, which was probably what I needed in preparation for my upcoming week of romance business activity. I spent the morning enjoying the peace of my apartment with some coffee and my journal/planner - yes, that's super dorky. I also made a v. delicious omelette (made more delicious by avocado, salsa, and sour cream), and then I showered and drove to the Mission for my only real mission of the day.

That mission was to get my bangs trimmed so that I could see again - they were beyond supermodel length at this point, and I couldn't wait any longer. My hair stylist was running a bit behind and I was running early, so I absconded to Ritual and got some coffee to fix my headache (success!), and then went back to get my bangs trimmed. Then I came home, stowed my car, and attempted to call my parents with no success....

...so I left the house and walked over to Vidya's, since she was having an afternoon soiree. My parents called when I was two blocks from her place, so I couldn't talk to them long - I got off the phone when Katrina arrived on Vidya's stoop a couple of minutes after I did. The party was both lovely and delicious - Vidya wanted people to pick plums, and while I didn't pick any plums, I really enjoyed eating the plum that I chose to ate (and I brought home three more, although I may not be able to eat them before I leave).

So it was quite delightful to hang out on her patio, and the weather was better than it has been, and I got to catch up a bit with Katrina, and I saw Rajiv for the first time in ages, and I was also happy to see Jesse and Maya (and Adit, although I saw him a lot this weekend). But I was firm in my desire not to drink today, so I didn't partake of any of the wine (even though it looked good), and I also was firm in my desire to leave around 5:30 so that I could come home and do things.

Of course, the best laid plans...I got home, but I didn't write anything tonight. However, it was all totally worth it. I talked to my parents again and got fully caught up, so that was good. I exchanged emails with [censored]. And I talked to Katie for almost two hours - first while walking home (which ended abruptly when her kid started throwing up), and then after I'd talked to my parents. By the time I got off the phone with her it was nine p.m. and I hadn't eaten yet - but some leftover chicken and a fresh quesadilla fixed that problem immediately.

So now, after all that restorative social activity, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: