Monday, July 25, 2016

she grinds from monday to friday, works from friday to sunday

Today, oddly, felt like I was back at the day job, even though I was most certainly not at the day job. I woke up around 7:30 and messed around on my phone, but was at my laptop by 8:30 and worked straight from 8:30 to 11. Then I took a v. quick shower, threw on some clothes, and drove to Burlingame, where I met Anne and Barbara at Barbara's house for a working session. Barbara had sent her husband out to grab lunch for us, so I enjoyed my salad while catching up with them - but then we settled down to business and worked for five hours.

This work wasn't writing, for once - we've all been watching these ads tutorials, so we got together to discuss what we learned and practice making some ads (with v. helpful critiques/suggestions from each other). We did all of this by chromecasting to Barbara's tv, so we were able to watch each other - and it was all pretty useful, I think. We'll see if the test ad I made performs better than the ones I did on my own a couple of weeks ago - Anne's out of town for awhile, but Barbara and I are going to get together when I'm back from New Orleans (provided I still have brain cells after that trip) to analyze our test results.

So that was all great, but it was also exhausting (in a different way from writing). I left her place sometime after five, grabbed a coffee at Philz in downtown Burlingame, and then drove home. Traffic sucked, but it was alleviated by talking to Terry most of the way back (Terry my former roommate, not the Terry who is Barbara's husband, although he's delightful). When I got here, though, I was pretty burned out - so I mostly sat around and did nothing.

But I finally rallied and spent the last couple of hours taking care of random things - there are still many, many things on my to-do list, but that's okay. I need to spend some serious time starting to write tomorrow, rather than continuing to get bogged down in admin stuff - but that's a task for the morning. Right now, my task is to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: