Wednesday, May 31, 2017

so get ready

My eyes are glazing over - I spent another five hours today working on tax stuff. Remind me to stop putting this stuff off, since it always results in two or three days of pain when it's time to file returns.

But for all that, my day was pretty good. I took an hour this morning to talk to Lisa, who used to work for me way back in the day - as always, it was good to catch up, and it made me a wee bit nostalgic for corporate life (but not enough to actually go back). I also took a break to talk to Katie, who for some reason is still talking to me even though she should be planning to ghost me immediately so that she doesn't have to host me when I'm in Denver in June/July.

Then I worked until 8:30, which was miserable. But I stopped and enjoyed my first Miami community dinner - people barbecued, and I mostly just helped with cleanup since I didn't bother to make anything. But we had some highly entertaining conversations, and I watched some dueling content marketing/coaching types discuss their strategies, which is both amusing and informative. And I've kicked it into high gear with being snarky - if there's one 'advantage' to the moving around that I've been doing, it's that my sarcastic side comes out more quickly (that's almost certainly not an advantage, but #sarasnotsorry).

And then I came to my room fifteen minutes before midnight and tentatively booked two weeks here in September - highly tentative and mostly influenced by the fact that I have a credit that was going to expire, and I knew that if I booked something now they'd let me move it later anyway. But I'm kinda tempted to spend September doing a two-week roadtrip around the south and then spending two weeks in Miami (with my car, which would make it way easier to get around here). We shall see, we shall see. The other options on the table are 1) a month in Bali, or 2) a month in Eastern Europe (Budapest, Prague, maybe Warsaw, Vienna, and Salzburg), with the kicker being that I have to be back in SFO by September 28. But September is currently free, and I need to plan something that is both interesting and helpful for my writing endeavors...and I probably have too many ideas of what that could be.

But that's a decision for another time - goodnight!

No comments: