Wednesday, May 10, 2017

and there's a million things i haven't done

I had a perfect day in the city of sin...but it's a little bizarre to be back, since it somehow feels incredibly familiar and not at all like home at the same time. I woke up to the dulcet tones of Finley screaming with delight over waking up / getting dressed / having breakfast, which is par for the course with toddlers, so it was actually kind of delightful. Then I had some coffee, ate a snack, threw on some clothes, and went for a long walk through the Presidio with Lauren and her dogs. It was all cool and misty and gorgeous, and I went up and down a lot of hills and steps that reminded me that my vast walking across London's mostly-flat surfaces probably wasn't actually enough to keep me in shape. We talked throughout, and it was as perfect as a morning could be.

Then we had brunch at Ella's before coming home and parting ways - I took a shower and went to the Mission, where I wrote for an hour at Ritual before getting my hair cut. I hadn't had my hair cut since January, other than my own self-trims to maintain my bangs, so I was overdue, but I think my hairdresser was pleased that I didn't cheat on her during my long absence. Then I came back to Lauren's worked for another hour or so, and then spent the rest of the night hanging out. We put Fin to bed and then ate Indian takeout and drank a bottle of wine that Nathan retrieved from his wine cellar (aka the garage), and discussed tech and politics and national issues, and it was the kind of conversation that I was craving since I didn't have much of it while I was in Bali/London.

But now, it's time to sleep - my nomadism kicks in again tomorrow, so I should sleep while I can. Goodnight!

No comments: