Tuesday, May 30, 2017

god is a dj

I'm sleepier than I should be, since I slept last night and also took a nap this evening, but I also walked a lot in 95-degree heat, so I'm going to chalk this up to general exhaustion and leave it at that.

But today was good despite my exertions - I woke up and spent the morning working on a variety of tings. Then I took a lyft to Brickell, a neighborhood v. close to me and to downtown, where I ran some errands - I had to mail a letter, and I had a v. necessary stop at Sephora for some dry shampoo, and a less necessary stop at Cole Haan to look at sandals (no luck). Then I walked over a bridge to downtown, where I sat at Starbucks and forced myself to write (successfully) for an hour. Then I picked up some stuff at CVS and some stuff at Whole Foods, and then I walked back to Roam, which was way more walking than I had intended.

However, I didn't spend the evening working as I should have - instead, I went out for a late dinner with some of the other Roam people. There were nine of us, three of whom I'd met in London before, and it was really fun. Of course, it was a going-away party of sorts for a couple of people whom I had only just met, which is how my life has rolled for most of this year, but it was still really entertaining. We went to Crust, which has a surprisingly tasty gluten free pizza - I ate four slices even though I didn't need the last one because it was so damn good.

Several people were going out after, but I am old and also must write tomorrow, so I came back with the group who was feeling similarly old and in need of sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: