Friday, May 12, 2017

who lives who dies who tells your story

My tour of west coast friendship continues...I'm not going to be able to see everyone I want to see while I'm here, but I'm certainly making an effort. I woke up this morning in the city of sin, surprised to find that Fin had slept later than I had, which made for a quiet morning for everyone involved. Subz took him to daycare after he woke up, and then she and I enjoyed a lovely bit of conversation about future goals before it was time for both of us to take care of more immediate concerns. She left to take care of errands, and I showered, packed, and got a ride to a Hertz location, where I rented a car for the next phase of my endeavors.

I took care of some tings in the city, and then I drove south, with a stop at Specialty's to have a cobb salad (delish) before meeting up with Anne and Barbara for a writing date in Belmont. I eked out 600 words on my new book (it's always pulling teeth at this point), and also did some ad stuff, and also gossipped. Barbara left around five, but Anne and I stayed until 5:45, and it was all good. Then I went to Safeway, and then I went to Shedletsky and Tina's - I'm staying here tonight, after a v. delicious and entertaining dinner. I brought the wine, and he supplied a perfect filet mignon with potatoes and broccoli, and it was all pretty awesome.

And now, I should sleep - we realized that I was pretty much a total hobo, since I showed up with wine and some bandages to dress one of my open wounds (it's not really open - I thought I had a weird blister on my middle left toe, which has hurt pretty badly all day, but now I suspect it might be a spider bite or something since it's swollen in multiple places). So, I should go to bed before they find out about my heroin habit. Goodnight!

No comments: