Sunday, December 10, 2017

i was lightning before the thunder

Today was pretty great, all in all - still hermity, but in a much better mood than I was yesterday. I got tons of sleep, then spent the morning/early afternoon dealing with more house stuff. That included unpacking the last box in the living room, which was super exciting - I still have a few more things in the living room to put away, but it's almost done.

And then, you will be shocked to know, I actually wrote a few pages. Yes, I'm surprised too. I only got it together because I'm already running late on turning in a short story that I promised someone, but I had a great idea for it, and I think it will come together tomorrow if I get out of the office in time to focus. Or, alternatively, I'll write before work - but that requires going to sleep right now so I can get up in time to do it.

So after the writing, I talked to my parents for like an hour and a half, and then talked briefly to my sister, and then spent some more time organizing stuff. And then I thought I was going to briefly skim a couple of old scenes since my story idea has to do with a minor character in a previous book - but instead I reread a bunch of Lucy/Max's book, along with big chunks of the two books before that. It's an odd feeling, rereading stuff from a year or more ago - some of it is still vivid, and some I don't remember writing at all. But the main takeaway was that I was really proud of how those books turned out, so I should probably get back to writing more books sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately, though, the day job requires my attendance tomorrow - so it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: