Monday, December 18, 2017

i'm high as a kite, i just might stop to check you out

I'm back in Boulder (temporarily) after a long but entirely uneventful day. I woke up without any hangover at all thanks to actually pacing myself last night - Veronica's party was delightful, and it was even more delightful to wake up this morning without being a) too tired or b) too headachy. I've been one of those two things for what feels like a very long time at this point, so today was the break that I needed...

So yeah, I woke up, moved my car so that I wouldn't get a ticket, showered, packed, etc. and was out the door by eleven. My flight was earlier than I'd remembered it (probably a time zone thing in my head), so I didn't have time to grab brunch - instead I went to the airport, returned my rental car, and ate some incredibly spicy chile verde at Urban Tortilla (it was yummy, but perhaps too spicy for me - but I ate it all while tears formed in my eyes, so #noregrets). I also got a coffee and called my parents briefly, and then it was time to board.

I'd intended to do all sorts of work/play on the plane, but instead I slept basically the whole way. When I landed, I retrieved my bag (checked so that I could bring home a bottle of John and Jess's limoncello!), retrieved my car, drove home, and spent the evening doing laundry, watching Top Chef, and doing v. little else.

And now I need to sleep - only 2.5 work days before I leave for ye olde Iowa, so I have a lot to get done before then. Goodnight!

No comments: