Tuesday, July 02, 2024

rolling on the floor in the candy store

I had a v nice, v long day. I started by doing some work and having some meetings at Aunt Becky's house, and then she made burgers for lunch, which was a nice treat. Then she dropped me off at a train station so I could catch a ride to downtown Denver. The ride was longer than I expected due to construction, but I still arrived in plenty of time to check in to my hotel before my next meeting. 

After I was done slogging for the day, I met Andy and Nina at Mazevo, a Mediterranean place on Tennyson. Our low key dinner evolved into ogling the waiter, followed by drinks at a new bar that replaced my beloved Book Bar. Dare I say it's an upgrade? We certainly had fun chatting and the vibe was great, so I'll take it.

Then we went back to their place for a nightcap - it was not wise to chase a cocktail (dinner) and two glasses of rose (bar) with a daiquiri and a glass of port, but I guess we don't always make good decisions. 

So, after six+ hours of hanging out (which could have been six more) I caught an Uber to my hotel and I need to go to bed immediately. Goodnight!


No comments: