Saturday, August 28, 2010

i want to kiss you on the mouth and tell you i'm your biggest fan

I had a lovely day, which started with more time spent on my hair than I usually spend all week (perhaps all month). I don't really need a flatiron, although I did run it over the top layer just to see what it would do -- but it was v. helpful for my bangs, so I think it's going to prove to be an excellent purchase. It can also be used as a curling iron, and since the last curling iron I bought cost approximately $5 in college and always left kinks where it clamped onto the hair, perhaps this will encourage me to play with curlier styles.

But for today, I went perfectly straight. I wasn't quite convinced that I had made the right decision to go for bangs -- and when it comes to the amount of work that I'm going to put into my hair, not to mention the fact that they're going to grow into my eyes in about four days, I'm still not sure. However, if my fragile little narcissistic female heart needed any convincing, I got a lot of encouragement/gushing over it at work, which definitely helped. The only person who didn't seem to like it was the big boss, although she claimed that I had just taken her by surprise and that she doesn't like change. But considering that some dude whom I barely know and thought might hate me was unnecessarily effusive/complimentary about the bangs, I must have done something right (or else he really does hate me, and he was so over-the-top in his compliments to hide the fact that he was secretly cackling inside over how I butchered my hair).

Anyway, I didn't have time for fun in the morning; I worked pretty steadily until around 2:30, pulling together some email stuff for the big boss and starting to pack up my office. As I believe I mentioned, I'm switching buildings over the weekend, and while there are movers to haul all my stuff over there, I still had to box up the many and varied decorative tings that I've acquired over the past seven years. I took a break around 2:30 to have tea with Heather (aka dear respected madam) and Natasha, and then finished packing around 5:15. I went to Cafe Borrone with the intention of writing, but just as I finished my sandwich, I got an email of something that I needed to do urgently for the day job, so I had to abandon the writing. The day job thing only took ten minutes, but since I had to do it from my car (where my work laptop was), I decided to come home.

And once home, my good intentions fled and I read all of MOCKINGJAY, the last book in that series that I've read over the past couple of weeks. I intended to read it sometime this weekend anyway, and better tonight than tomorrow, I suppose. It was really good -- my reaction is still mixed because I'm still processing, but that woman can write regardless of wat you might think of the plot. So with dreams of that world (which is not a particularly pleasant world, I must say) swirling in my head, I'm going to bed. I think I'll go to Stanford Library tomorrow and force myself to write most of the day -- wish me luck!

Daily word count: 0 (0% of goal)
Productive time: --
RescueTime productivity rating: -- (global average: 0.34)

No comments: