Saturday, August 21, 2010

will you bite the hand that feeds you

So much for being productive tonight. I actually did a pretty good job at first; after work (which I left early to avoid concert traffic), I went to Target, where I bought a whole bunch of chemicals. When I first moved into my place, I made an attempt to go green by buying environmentally friendly cleaning products. As it turns out, they are 'environmentally friendly' and 'products', but they really don't clean anything. So, I got some Lysol and some Scrubbing Bubbles and some other products, and scrubbed my bathroom from floor to ceiling. I even knocked down the cobwebs from the ceiling, which was quite the feat. And, I finally got around to buying a shower curtain -- I've had the clear liner all along, but I got a white waffleweave curtain from Target to cover it. So now, my bathroom is no longer embarrassing, which means that I can turn my attention to the other rooms in the house.

And, I intended to do that tonight, or perhaps work on the book, but my brother called and we ended up talking for almost an hour. After that, I was in no mood to do anything strenuous, so I finished cleaning the bathroom, and then read CATCHING FIRE (the sequel to THE HUNGER GAMES, which I was raving about last week). The final book in the trilogy comes out on Tuesday, so I knew that I would give in to temptation and read this book before then, and I was right. That just means that I'm going to have to get up tomorrow and write all day -- cleaning the rest of the apartment is going to have to wait. Goodnight!

Daily word count: 0 (0% of goal)
Productive time: -
RescueTime productivity rating: - (global average: 0.34)

No comments: