Saturday, August 07, 2010

run run run away, it's your heart that you'll betray

I have to go to bed RIGHT NOW. My plans to be productive failed today; instead, I went up to the evil city to "work" with Vidya, which turned into like eight hours of not working. We started at Coffee Bar, where the coffee is fantastic and the scene/seating is terrible. Then, we went to Starbucks across the street, where the coffee is mediocre, but where the seating is lovely because they've recently remodeled. Unfortunately, just as I was finally starting to write, the fire alarm went off, so we had to vacate.

We ended up going to Hidden Vine to drink wine, which pretty much ended any writing I might have done today. After Hidden Vine, we went to Hotel Biron (another wine bar, this one in Hayes Valley), where we had more wine. Then, we went to some Mexican restaurant in the Mission to meet the other Vidya, as well as the other Vidya's friend Nishu). I feel slightly tricked, since it turned out to be a *vegan* Mexican restaurant -- since my favorite items involve both sour cream and shredded cheese, and vegans don't even use milk or eggs, I was not holding my breath. As it turned out, the food wasn't bad, but I got way more full than I expected, and now I have a stomachache (possibly from the "cheese" made out of cashews). So, I think it's time for bed; tomorrow I have to get back on the writing horse. Goodnight!

Daily word count: 135 (6.795% of goal)
Productive time: 15mins
RescueTime productivity rating: 0.16 (global average: 0.34)

No comments: