Monday, August 16, 2010

with an iron-clad fist, i wake up and french kiss the morning

I need to go to bed *immediately*; I'm taking the unusual step of meeting Chandlord for breakfast tomorrow morning before work, which is insane and unheard of, so I need to get some sleep. But, I made the mistake of picking up a book when I walked in the door (Meg Cabot's INSATIABLE), and you can guess where that led...

However, despite falling into a book and emerging from it five hours later, I had a lovely day. As I mentioned yesterday, Terry was kind enough to take me to brunch at the Ivy, which I read about all the time in Dlisted. It's a totally ridiculous place, so I of course loved it. And, I saw the back of someone who Terry thought was Kevin Smith, which I will count as my Hollywood celebrity sighting. After brunch, we drove around for a bit more before Terry sent me on my way back to Northern California. The drive was completely uneventful, and took slightly less then six hours (with three stops - one at the Starbucks drivethru at the base of the Grapevine, one at Kettleman City to get gas and a snack, and one at Casa de Fruta to use the bathroom). And then, as I said, I started reading a book as soon as I got home, which means that I will likely dream of vampires tonight and have no idea where anything is tomorrow morning because I haven't unpacked.

But, c'est la vie. It was lovely to see Terry, and I'm so glad that I spent the weekend with her. Now, it's time to get back to real life, which means I'm going to have to hit the writing hard tomorrow and for every day in the foreseeable future. That requires a clear head, which requires sleep, so goodnight!

Daily word count: 0 (0% of goal)
Productive time: 0hr
RescueTime productivity rating: -- (global average: 0.34)

No comments: